Malaysian Research & Education Network (MYREN)
Launched in March 2005, under the current governance of Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and management of Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), the Malaysian Research & Education Network (MYREN) enables high speed dedicated connectivity to the education sector while expanding research capability in Malaysia.
A community managed network through its 7 regional Point of Presence (PoPs), it links to over 800 thousands researchers, academicians and students in Malaysia enabling closer collaboration to underpin critical applications, education and research activities across the country. MYREN has thus far connected all public universities, private universities, all polytechnics and college communities, a few teaching hospitals. MYREN continues to attract research institutes, private universities, colleges and hospitals in Malaysia.
MYREN is linked to other National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) via the Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN4) link since 2006 which offers Asia Pacific a gateway for global collaboration, enabling over 50 million users and more than 8000 research and academic centers to participate in joint projects with peers in Asia, Europe, United States and other continents.
- Transforming education without barriers
- Enabler for global education and multidisciplinary research
- Comprehensive portfolio of end-to-end network, cloud and trust capabilities that allow our community to work in new ways.
- Accelerating research discovery, and advancing national and global education
- Discover, deploy and define not only new technologies and applications, but the very educational and economic models to flourish a new generation of R&E.
- Collaborative power for education leaders
- Fore frontier in the research and education technologies
- Hits: 270